I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Christine from The Uncorked Librarian. I was very honoured to be nominated, and I am glad that I will be able to put forward my own nominations for the award also!
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person that nominated you for this award
- Link their blog to this post
- Select up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you either regularly follow or discovered recently
- Nominate them for this awesome Versatile Blogger Award with links to their sites.
- Write 7 things about yourself
Just Me and a Boarding Pass was nominated by The Uncorked Librarian
I first met Christine on Instagram, where her descriptive narratives captured my attention. As well as pretty photos, she also had fun and interesting commentaries to go with them. I soon followed her blog where I enjoy her stories as she writes about her travel experiences, and also her many informative book reviews. I also first read about the intriguing concept of brewery yoga in Christine’s posts, and I promise myself I am going to try that one day! Christine is a very generous lady who helped me a lot when I first started out on social media. – Thank you Christine – You are Awesome!
Seven things about me:
- My first trip on an aeroplane was when I was three years old and went to Cairns to visit my grandparents. I’ve loved travelling ever since.
- I am intrigued by UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and every time I travel somewhere I try and visit at least one new UNESCO site while I am there. I’ve got a UNESCO World Heritage Sites I have visited list going if you’re interested.
- My hobbies are playing the piano, pottering around in my garden, taking photos and scrapbooking. I enjoy creating scrapbook albums to capture the stories behind the pictures and crafting interesting pages with all the pictures. You can see examples of my Scrapbooking work here.
- I enjoy travelling with my parents and siblings. As adults with busy lives it is often hard to find time to catch up. When we travel together, it brings us closer again while creating new memories with each other at the same time. More stories to laugh over at family gatherings! When you travel with family, you take a little bit of home with you, and you feel comfortable wherever you are.
- I’m married with three handsome sons, all adults now. I’m planning a few overseas trips with all of them as well, and very much looking forward to that.
- In my other life of the 9-5, I work as accountant. I achieved my university degree as a part-time adult student while working full time and raising three small children. It was a challenge, but I did it.
- My hope and dream is to one day see Machu Picchu with my own eyes, and take some photos!
Here are my nominations for the versatile blogger award:
Naomi from Probe Around the Globe @probearoundGlob – Naomi writes detailed and helpful information about her travels, and her posts are a great help if you are planning to visit these places.
Sheri B Doyle from So Off We Go @sheribdoyle – I love Sheri’s blog. She travels to unusual places and places I will probably never get to see, so I enjoy reading about her trips.
Marion from Love Travelling @LoveTravellingA – A woman after my own heart. When I read her “about me” page, it was just like reading my own thoughts. I love her detailed accounts and beautiful photos ( she also uses a Lumix camera, just like me!)
Tony from Meglio Vivere @MeglioVivere – A travel writer who likes to live in the places he travels to for a while and gets to know the way of life there.
Thank you all for the inspiration!