Hi, my name is Fiona. I work a full-time job (for now) and save like mad so that I can go on trips overseas. It’s not easy since I live in Australia and we have to fly for hours on end just to get anywhere! However, it’s a sacrifice I willingly make to be able to see other places in the world. 😉
Just Me and a Boarding Pass
This blog is for others like me, who love to plan their next holiday and spend hours looking for information that might make that easier to do. People who love to travel display what others might consider “nutty” behaviour, such as:
- randomly jump onto flight search websites looking at all the deals for different destinations, and think about which place would be the best;
- dream up travel itineraries in their lunch breaks;
- count down the days to their next trip on calendars hanging on their walls;
- scroll through beautiful travel destination photos on Instagram and Pinterest;
- look up UNESCO world heritage sites in countries, and try and visit as many as possible each trip;
- never book a hotel without reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and booking.com ;
- hesitating to book a long-haul flight without finding out what the aircraft is and consulting SeatGuru for the best seat to choose.
In my blog, I’ll take you to the places I have visited, and I hope you will find some useful information on these pages to help you plan your own trips. When I’m not travelling on holidays or writing this blog, (and not at work) I spend my time playing the piano, gardening and scrapbooking all my holiday photos. Actually, I don’t have much spare time……
Thank you for taking the time to visit Just Me and a Boarding Pass. I hope you take away a bit of inspiration! If you like the posts so far, please leave your email address in the follow by email box. The “follow by email” button can be found on the side and at the bottom of each page. This way, you’ll receive an email when I put up a new post – usually once a week.
Let’s catch up on social media – you choose the venue!
If you would like to follow me across multiple social media platforms, or just your favourite one, you are more than welcome to do so, and you will find me at:
I am using advertisements and some affiliate links to try and support the costs of hosting this blog page. (Not all links are affiliate links). My affiliates are only companies that I already use personally, and that I am happy to recommend to you in your travel planning. If you click through the link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission from the affiliate, at no extra cost to you. I am currently partnering with the following companies: