What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The sunshine blogger award is peer recognition celebrating bloggers promoting positivity and sunny vibes. The award is a great way to network with other bloggers and also to help promote new blogs.
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Carpe Diem Eire. which is an interesting blog about travel in Ireland, among other places, and includes some stunning photos. I am taking notes on all the articles about Ireland because I’m heading there next year, so I’m studying the posts like I’m preparing for an exam! But I digress. I just get really excited about upcoming travel trips!! So you can also find Carpe Diem Eire on Instagram , which I recommend following for more of those stunning photos, and also on twitter @carpediemeire.
Thank you so much for the nomination, and I am sorry it took me a little while to write this response. I’ve been spending a big part of my very limited free time researching upcoming holidays. ( I’m not sure if that’s an excuse or a reason?) Anyway, I am very appreciative of the nomination.
What are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award?
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who spread sunshine through their blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post
My answers to the questions I have been asked:
What inspired you to start blogging?
When I realised that it was possible to start my own blog, I was inspired to expand from my TripAdvisor reviews into writing my own collection of travel guides, restaurant reviews, and travel stories. Lauren at Never Ending Footsteps was the person who ignited the spark of possibility in me.
What destination in the world would you most like to return to?
Greece. Since my first trip when I was 9 years old, I dreamed about going back to Greece again. I was so happy when my Uncle decided he was going to Greece for his 60th Birthday trip – and I was invited. Yes!! We have a fabulous time visiting islands and driving through the mainland villages and towns. We spent our time wandering old-town cobbled streets, swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea, and exploring ruins steeped in history and mythology. Not to mention eating souvlaki and dolmades and all sorts of other tasty menu items. I know there are many countries to see in this world, but Greece calls to me.
Which would you rather have 1 million now or 15000 every month till you die?
Give me the 15,000 a month. That’s my dream come true, right there!
What is the story behind the name of your blog?
A boarding pass is your ticket to another destination, a different culture, and the possibility of new experiences. Any form of travel you take is going to require some form of boarding pass or ticket to allow you on board, regardless of your frequency of travel. My scrapbook albums contain many of my saved boarding passes along with my photos and stories of the travel. The name of my blog represents the excitement of that moment when you are ready to begin your journey – Just Me And A Boarding Pass – and I’m off! As I write about my travel experiences, “Just Me And A Boarding Pass” will take you along for the ride.
What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
Polenta porridge. It’s very strange, but gluten-free. The things we do.
If you got stranded on a deserted island what’s the one thing you own that you would want to have with you?
My piano! Absolutely. If I was stranded on a deserted island, I would have time to play and practice without having to worry about disturbing the neighbours. Sounds like heaven to me – can this be arranged??
What is your main goal for your blog?
To reach everyday kinds of people who are interested in travelling. I would like to know that my blog helps people with information about places they might like to visit.
How has blogging changed your life?
I have no free time. As I have recently started my blog I am still learning about the whole process. It takes all my time to research and market and create content to post on the blog. Given that I already work a full-time job, I’m finding this pretty challenging. So every time I see someone has read one of my posts or liked my blog, I am super excited about it!
What’s the best advice you can give to fellow bloggers?
Support other bloggers along your journey, because we all work hard on our blogs. If you read something you like or enjoy – share it!
Has your blog taught you something about yourself that you didn’t previously know?
Nothing new, but it is certainly honing some skills!
Which book, movie or song title best describes you?
So that’s a little bit about me, now on to the nominations.
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Sunshine Blogger Award, link and twitter handle:
- Wanderlustingk.com @wanderlustingk
- Fourfriendsoneworld.com @4FND1WRLD
- theexhaustedmum.com @electricearls
- travelwithease.net @travelweaseblog
- sanityfound.me @sanityfound
- Adventureswithcrystal.com @myadventuresnow
- Alwayscarryon.com @beccajtalbot
- Primabl.com @primabl_
- Tumbleweedchronicles.com @TumbleweedChro2
- Vacationswithmom.com @Vacations_w_mom
- Azestfortravel.com @aZestForTravel
(I put all the links in – boy did that take some time! I hope you all gain a big boost from it! )
Questions for my nominees
Here are your questions:
- If we send you to your “happy place”, where would that be?
- What are the most effective ways you have found to promote your blog?
- What are your blogging goals for the next year?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- Would you rather read a book, or see a movie?
- What is the funniest thing you have ever done?
- What is the most embarrassing moment you have ever experienced? Or the one that you are willing to share with us, at least!
- Of all the blog posts you have written, which one is your favourite? Share the link to it so we can read it.
- What are three things that you are grateful for?
- How do you like to reward yourself?
- What do you like most about blogging?
Thank you, everyone, for participating. Please leave me a link when you have a chance to write up your answers.