On 5th October 2018, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’m a little bit late with this response, and I’m thankful I could finally spend the time to reply to this lovely gesture.
I would like to thank Vansh Tiwari from CrossRoadAdventure for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. I am very appreciative, and I think this is a great way for bloggers to support each other. CrossRoadAdventure is travel blog providing information about travel in India, as well as other travel tips.
The Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How my blog started
It took me a while to figure out that when I was searching in Google for information about planning holidays, the returned results were actually a selection of people’s blog posts about their travels. I’ve been reviewing on TripAdvisor for many years and it dawned on me that I could write a travel blog to provide more information to people than just a short review. I love to travel, and I’m always encouraging my friends and family to go and explore the world. I even help them plan their itineraries if they need help. One day I read a blog post from a travel blogger about how to start your own travel blog, and I thought “I would like to do that!” So I did.
Advice to new bloggers
- Twitter is a great place for meeting other bloggers and finding a support network. There are friendly and helpful people that you can connect with and who are happy to help you with advice. Twitter chats are a good way of connecting with people of like interests.
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. There is only one “you” on the planet, and no one else can write a blog from your perspective. Learn from other people wherever you can, but don’t imitate them. Your abilities, and your situation, your interests, are all unique and this is what sets you apart from the others.
My nominations for the blogger recognition award
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award, listed below with their blog name, website address, and twitter name so that you can connect with them.
- Travel with Co https://www.travelwithco.com/ @TravelwithCo
- Alicia Overseas https://aliciaoverseas.com/ @AliciaOverseas
- Kat Around the Globe https://www.kataroundtheglobe.com/ @karoundtheglobe
- Forever Lost in Travel https://foreverlostintravel.com/ @ForeverLostInT2
- A Northern Explorer http://anorthernexplorer.com/ @anorthernexplr
- Cassie the Hag http://onmybroomstick.com/ @cassiethehag
- The Roaming Irishman http://roamingirishman.com/ @RoamingIrishman
- RTW Reset http://rtwreset.com/ @RTWreset
- Pearls in the Sea http://www.pearlsinthesea.com/ @PearlsInTheSea1
- Epicurean Expats https://epicureanexpats.com/ @epicureanexpats
- Adventures of a Ginger http://adventuresofaginger.co.uk/ @adventuresginge
- Country Girl Explores http://countrygirlexplores.com/ @CountryExplores
- Just Us Two Travel https://www.justustwotravel.co.uk/ @JUTTravel
- We Who Roam https://wewhoroam.com/ @wewhoroam
- Lou Does Travel http://www.loudoestravel.com/ @LouDoesTravel
Thank you again
I would like to thank all the people who read and support my blog. I do appreciate each of you and I wish you all safe and happy travels!